The Spa & Wellness Association of Africa (SWAA) is a non-profit association founded in 2010 and led by expert volunteers. We unite Member National Spa and Wellness Societies, Businesses, Educators and individual members, to develop and maintain internationally recognised standards while giving members a platform to channel their voice for the spa & wellness industry in Africa. The association has seen a need for regional Coalition of countries to meet the challenges presented by the growth of Africa spa & wellness industry, while gathering market information in regions. We work alongside country Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health and Operators to set quality standards and encourage education and preventive health measures within the spa, health, and wellness industry. The association coalition allows us to reach out to the global spa & wellness community and keep our finger on the pulse of spa & wellness. Diversity is our strength.
To make wellness accessible to all in Africa.
(est. 2010). SWAA brings together government agencies, spa and wellness operators, educators and professionals, to set and maintain industry standards, encourage education and the sharing of information, to provide invaluable networking opportunities and create a platform for members to channel their voice.
Supporting Africa’s wellness industry in leading standards, education and productivity for future generations.
- To provide a platform for the growth of the spa and wellness industry in Africa.
- To advocate for the industry and to channel information to the public
- To promote awareness of the spa and wellness industry nationally, regionally and globally.
- To educate the public about the value and health benefits derived from spa and wellness treatments.
- To bring the benefits of ancient African healing rituals and indigenous plants to the fore.
- To improve the knowledge, technical skills and professionalism of all spa and wellness industry professionals such as spa owners, managers and directors and therapists.
- To establish and maintain professional standards for training, administration, service, safety and product suppliers
- To be the voice of the spa and wellness industry in Africa by providing an active forum for networking and exchange of ideas and information sharing between spa and wellness industry professionals, suppliers, hoteliers and organisations.
- To liaise with other government agencies and promote integrated growth