Africa Spa Quality (ASQ) Accreditation
The importance Africa Spa Quality Accreditation
One of the first steps any customer takes before visiting your spa or wellness center today is to verify whether or not the spa facility is accredited by a recognized accrediting agency. Africa Spa Quality (ASQ) is a continental accrediting agency recognized by internationals standards through the Spa & Wellness Association of Africa (SWAA).
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a voluntary activity initiated by the institution that requires a rigorous self-evaluation and an independent, objective appraisal of the overall educational quality by peers. Accreditation emphasizes quality assurance and a commitment to continuous quality enhancement. To achieve accreditation by the Africa Spa Quality (ASQ) a facility or institution must:
• Comply with rigorous standards;
• Develop and implement an Organization Effectiveness Plan;
• Undergo every two years review of its financial stability, retention of staff and treatments rates; and
• Undergo announced and unannounced site visits.
If judged to be in compliance with established standards, an accreditation status may be granted for a specific period.
Why is Accreditation Important?
Accreditation is important because it:
- Helps determine if a spa, wellness center or institution meets or exceeds minimum standards of quality.
- Helps customers determine acceptable facility for therapeutic, cosmetic or health services or students for education.
- Helps customers determine the validity of services offered and whether employees are qualified. Customers often require evidence that spa therapists have received a degree from an accredited school or program before performing treatments on them.
- Creates goals for facility or institutional self-improvement.
- Provides a self-regulatory alternative for country oversight functions.
- Provides a basis for determining eligibility for federal facility or institution support or promotion. Therapists & Students must attend an accredited institution to apply for federal grants or loans.
The Scope of ASQ Accreditation
Recognition by SWAA affirms that standards and processes of accredited facilities or institutions are consistent with quality, improvement, and accountability expectations that SWAA has established. In accordance with SWAA policies and procedures, ASQ’ accredited facilities and institutions are stamp of approval.
State Authority to Operate
Country licensing agencies, higher education commissions, and other bureaus for private education grant institutions authorization to operate in their countries. ASQ cooperates with the countries by considering for accreditation only those institutions which are licensed by the country. ASQ also keeps the countries informed of accreditation activities affecting the institutions in their countries.
Coming Soon http://africaspaquality.com
ASQ Spa Certification SPA Standards with SWAA
Africa Spa Quality (ASQ) has especially been established to support spas in Africa to attain internationalquality management standards through the Spa & Wellness Association of Africa (SWAA).
What is ASQ Certification ?
Independent and objective evaluation from ASQ Certification gives credibility to every establishment who proudly displays their certificate of achievement. This means in simple language a third party has evaluated the service offered, checked documents and processes against operational procedures and evaluated feedback from records which have been audited. ASQ Certification indicates that:
- the establishment commits to quality principles and improvements
- follows due process and standards
- and is keen on improvements.
Certification promotes consistency and a high level of quality resulting in a standard of excellence.
An ASQ certificate issued on behalf of SWAA has been designed to not only support those establishments who have already attained a high level of quality but to assist smaller spas and wellness centres to achieve this in a step-by-step approach through our star grading 3/4/5 certification process. Continual improvement and sustainable development as well as developing UBUNTU Community CSR Systems form part of the key elements in our certification.
A self-evaluation by the client is done first and submitted for review. A remote audit performed on line called forms part of the on – line Audit Process. This is performed by our team of auditors to evaluate that all requirements have been met . A mystery guest visit is then performed and this completes the audit process for the client. If requirements are met, an audit report will be issued and the certificate is issued. Each issued certificate is valid for a 2 year period.
Each certified client is issued a unique certificate number and a unique special ASQ logo number which is linked on line indicating the type and validity of the certificate. All certified clients are listed on the SWAA webpage and information of valid and withdrawn certificates will be made available for public transparency .
Why is ASQ Certification Important?
ASQ Certification gives the consumer confidence that the certified spa and wellness centre is confident in their offering, credible and maintains the required standards as set out by SWAA.
An issued certificate:
- Helps spas and wellness centres meet or exceed minimum evaluated standards
- Supports a great guest experience
- Supports consumer choice because standards are met and evaluated regularly
- Ensures appropriate staff qualifications are in place
- Ensures statutory and legal requirements are met
The Scope of ASQ Certification
SWAA affirms that standards and processes of certification for facilities are consistent with their policies. The requirements for quality, improvement, accountability and expectations which SWAA have established must always be met. In accordance with SWAA policies and procedures, ASQ certification process and documentation are established.
ASQ Certification As Authority to Operate
Each SWAA Chapter will be able to run an ASQ Certification Authority with authorization to operate in their countries. ASQ Certification will only operate in countries wherecertification is licenced to the SWAA..
Coming Soon http://africaspaquality.com