Africa Spa Quality (ASQ) Accreditation
The importance Africa Spa Quality Accreditation
One of the first steps any customer takes before visiting your spa or wellness center today is to verify whether or not the spa facility is accredited by a recognized accrediting agency. Africa Spa Quality (ASQ) is a continental accrediting agency recognized by internationals standards through the Spa & Wellness Association of Africa (SWAA).
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a voluntary activity initiated by the institution that requires a rigorous self-evaluation and an independent, objective appraisal of the overall educational quality by peers. Accreditation emphasizes quality assurance and a commitment to continuous quality enhancement. To achieve accreditation by the Africa Spa Quality (ASQ) a facility or institution must:
• Comply with rigorous standards;
• Develop and implement an Organization Effectiveness Plan;
• Undergo every two years review of its financial stability, retention of staff and treatments rates; and
• Undergo announced and unannounced site visits.
If judged to be in compliance with established standards, an accreditation status may be granted for a specific period.
Why is Accreditation Important?
Accreditation is important because it:
- Helps determine if a spa, wellness center or institution meets or exceeds minimum standards of quality.
- Helps customers determine acceptable facility for therapeutic, cosmetic or health services or students for education.
- Helps customers determine the validity of services offered and whether employees are qualified. Customers often require evidence that spa therapists have received a degree from an accredited school or program before performing treatments on them.
- Creates goals for facility or institutional self-improvement.
- Provides a self-regulatory alternative for country oversight functions.
- Provides a basis for determining eligibility for federal facility or institution support or promotion. Therapists & Students must attend an accredited institution to apply for federal grants or loans.
The Scope of ASQ Accreditation
Recognition by SWAA affirms that standards and processes of accredited facilities or institutions are consistent with quality, improvement, and accountability expectations that SWAA has established. In accordance with SWAA policies and procedures, ASQ’ accredited facilities and institutions are stamp of approval.
State Authority to Operate
Country licensing agencies, higher education commissions, and other bureaus for private education grant institutions authorization to operate in their countries. ASQ cooperates with the countries by considering for accreditation only those institutions which are licensed by the country. ASQ also keeps the countries informed of accreditation activities affecting the institutions in their countries.
Coming Soon http://africaspaquality.com