WORLD WELLNESS WEEKEND
About World Wellness Weekend – WWW
Each year since 2017, World Wellness Weekend promotes healthy activities and lifestyle choices on the 3rd week-end of September. In 2019, 430 mentions in the media reached an audience of 224 million people.
Supported by 60+ international organizations, and in alignment with the UNITED NATIONS SDG 3 (“Good health & well-being for all”),WWW was celebrated for the 4th time in 2020 by 1,123 venues in 543 cities (109 countries). Each participating venue, or wellness professional, organized 60-minute fun & free wellness activities for locals, whether ON SITE (yoga class, fitness jam, nutrition talk, massage workshop, guided meditation…) or ONLINE with a podcast, webinar or tutorial.
In 2021, this worldwide event will become a social wellnessmovement making hope & enthusiasm contagious through 5 Pillars of Wellness: Sleep & Creativity, Nutrition & Immunity, Movement & Vitality, Mindfulness & Serenity, Sense of Purpose and Solidarity.
We strive to facilitate & accelerate the implementation of sustainable change in lifestyle on personal, organizational and governmental levels:
- People are inspired and empowered to connect with their best self;
- Companies are encouraged to implement & grow a culture of wellness for teams and clients;
- Cities are invited to shine as “Champions of Wellness”, with the support of Governors, Mayors, Visitors bureaus or Chambers of Commerce, to engage local residents in inter-generational activities and to attract tourists (regional, national and international, when travel restrictions are eased).
In 2021, World Wellness Weekend with showcase immersive wellness experiences with Virtual Reality in partnership with VR professionals, giving the opportunity to cities and hospitality group to reach a worldwide audience.
Why become a WWW Ambassador in your City
Spa, Wellness, Sports, Fitness, Hospitality, Tourism professionals are encouraged to apply to become Ambassadors World Wellness Weekend in their city, on a volunteer basis.
Our 60 current Ambassadors are business owners, directors or managers, consultants or educators, highly respected by their peers, with integrity and excellent track record. They are achievers who want to make a difference in promoting healthier and richer lifestyles.
We hope that being the face, the voice and the smile of the World Wellness Weekend in their city will help each Ambassador to continue to raise their profile, grow their network, increase connection with the media and local officials, bringing exposure and opportunities both on personal and professional levels.
Contact us: [email protected]
WWW Ambassadors commit to:
- Encourage venues and independent licensed wellness professionals to register online (wellmap.org) and showcase the expertise and enthusiasm of their team through Wellness activities
- Join theWWW network (with one monthly Ambassadors ZOOM call)to learn frombest practices& success stories, and boost their own activities and operations
- Engage with regional MEDIA through regular Press Releases about WWW
- Connect with local officials to promote wellness activities for local communities.
WWW Ambassadors are officially promoted on the WWW website, in Press Releases, through articles, podcasts, webinars, conferences and social media.
WWW Ambassadors receive support with strategic and operational documents in Digital Marketing, Event planning& coordination, Communication, and Sponsorship.
Meet & contact our 3 WWW Ambassadors in Africa
- WWW Ambassador in Cape Town (South Africa): Taryn LILLEY – Spa Consultant at Spa Dynamics[email protected]
- WWW Ambassador in Marrakech (Morocco): Soumia HITE – Founder Prestige Coaching[email protected]
- WWW Ambassador in Cotonou (Benin): Marietta DANNON – Founder Marina Wellness Hub [email protected]
- Discover all the Ambassadors of World Wellness Weekend:https://www.world-wellness-weekend.org/about-us/ambassadors/
WWW is in collaboration with Spa and Wellness Association of Africa (SWAA).
SWAA members who participate in WWW get the following benefits:
- Get your WWW event activity listed in SWAA´s September continental newsletter ´Africa Spa Wellness Bulletin´ if activity is sent in by 25th August 2021 – 12PM WAT. (newsletter goes out 1st of September.) [email protected]
- After your WWW event is held, sign up to our Africa Spa and Wellness Sustainable Development Goals´ commitment on: org/advocacy/africa-spa-wellness-sustainable-development-goals/ and get a free mention in our Digital Magazine´s 4th Issue for Oct/Nov/Dec 2021, which is the biggest issue of the year with over 3900 spas in Africa and over 5000 readers– by 15th October 2021 at 12PM WATcontact: [email protected]
6 Reasons to participate in 2021
Now more than ever the world needs your guidance, expertise & inspiration. Add your business today to the growing list sharing their “living well” message and appear on the World Wellness Map with a locator: www.wellmap.org (13 languages)
You are a spa, beauty salon, fitness club, hot spring, sports association, yoga/Pilates studio, martial art dojo, dance school, senior home, hotel, resort, wellness community, Town Hall, Visitors bureau… JOIN US!
Join wellness champions in 120 counties making wellness fun, free, experiential & meaningful. It’s free to register. The only participation requirement is for you to offer the public one free & fun, 60-minute wellness group activity on Saturday 18 or Sunday 19 September 2021.
· Grow your market visibility / Shine as a Wellness Champion
· Generate media exposure (TV, Radio, Print, Web)
· Bring in new clients or members(wellness enthusiasts)
· Bring back previous customers, with their best friends
· Increase bookings & additional sales (packages & bounce-back offers)
· Inspire your team (create Signature activities, and instill a culture of wellness)
VIDEO presentation about the vision & actions of WWW (2 minutes)
VIDEO tutorial for easy online REGISTRATION (5 minutes)
3rd World Wellness Weekend
September 21 & 22, 2019
633 properties in 88 countries
Elevating Wellness Worldwide